Wow, has it been 2 weeks already? It has both flown by and dragged on forever, if that makes any sense. Probably part of it dragging is because I have been awake for most of it! Today was Bob's first day back at work and I took Erin for her 2 week checkup. She has gained.......are you ready......one whole pound since leaving the hospital! Today she was 8 lbs. 1 oz., so she's definitely passed her birth weight, which is what they check for at 2 weeks. She's also grown 1" in length and 1/2" in head circumference. So far, she is the opposite of me - tall (70th percentile), small head (30th percentile), and average weight (50th percentile)! Maybe she's got more Callaway traits than Ambrosini. Anyway, everything checked out good, and we are good to go until her 2 month appointment which will involve shots. We met Dr. Steele today and I was most impressed with him. He took a long time to check her over and talk to me.
We also stopped by the grocery store on the way home and took a walk with Bella this afternoon. I felt like a Mommy pro...or at least on the way to becoming one!
Otherwise, things are going pretty well. She is starting to sleep a little better by herself, an hour or so at a time. At least that's something. I am not good at taking daytime naps, so I'm just trying to rest and sleep when I can. Maybe I'll get used to it soon! We'll post 2 week pictures when Bob gets home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
It's great to hear her appointment and the day with "just the girls" went well. I hope you find yourself getting some shut-eye soon.
Glad your first day alone went well!
Post a Comment