Well, this is the big week. I started orientation with WakeMed on Monday. Grandma A. came up to take care of Erin on Monday and Tuesday and they got along great. Erin didn't want to take the bottle too much, but she would eventually drink some. Today was her first day at daycare, and that did not go so well. I got a call at 11:30 saying she had refused 2 bottles, and it had been 5 hours since she had last eaten at home. So, after a consultation with Grandma A., I had them try one more time, which she refused again at 1:30. So I left orientation early and went to feed her. Luckily, I was nearby in Cary (the first 2 days were up at the Raleigh hospital) and I didn't miss much of the orientation.
It sounded like we got our money's worth at daycare today because she made them work for it! She didn't want to sleep for them either. I am pretty upset, mostly about the bottle situation...but I think I can give it another try. I think. I really want this job and went back to school for it, but nothing is as important as our baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I'm sorry it's been so rough but good luck tomorrow-we'll be thinking about you!
Oh my goodness! ;) Don't let it get you down. Hopefully it will go better today! She sounds like she is as stubborn as Matthew!! =) She knows what she wants! =) We are still thinking about you!
Mary Kathryn & Ken
We also wanted to say that you are a strong mommy....you are doing GREAT!!! =) We know that yesterday was not easy!
~MK
Hang in there Gina.....I know that everything will work itself out! Vanessa
Post a Comment