Thursday, April 23, 2009

6 months!


Erin is 6 months old today! We cannot believe it. She is doing so well. Here is an update on her new tricks:
- She can roll both ways now, but is much quicker going from back to front. She still gets mad when she ends up on her tummy. We try to explain that she put herself there, but that just makes her more mad.
- She is super nosy. She wants to touch EVERYTHING and put it in her mouth, and it’s very hard to eat or drink anything while holding her. It’s also hard to watch tv while feeding her, because she wants to watch!
- She is better about telling us what she wants. She can reach for us when she wants to be picked up (which is all the time). She rubs her eyes when she’s tired, and starts eating us when she’s hungry. She gets her point across very well.
- Foods she has tried: cereal, green beans, peas, squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, and bananas. She loves them all! The bottle is better (so I hear). She doesn’t want to take it for me, despite my wishful thinking that maybe we can switch to formula sometime soon.
- Sleep is going all right; I guess I am most discouraged by that. Before she got sick last week, she would sleep 8 hours (7-8pm to 3-4am), eat, and go back to sleep until around 7am. I know some babies her age don't wake up at all, and I hope she gets to that point soon. However, since last Thursday, she has been getting up at midnight and again around 5-6am. I am hoping this stops very soon. She is not a good napper for me, but I think she does better at day care and for Bob. She still has no feeding or sleeping schedule, unfortunately.
- We think we have a talker on our hands...and a very opinionated one as well!
- She loves to watch and pet Bella, and they both love going on walks. Erin is definitely outdoors-y.
- She is such a delight, and we love her so much! We can’t wait to see what new things she learns next!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Happy 6 months Erin! I can't believe it has already been 6 months. She's growing so fast.