So, for those of you who haven't heard, we have completely lost our minds and have decided to put our house on the market. For about a year, we have been wavering between "this house is plenty big" and "we feel like sardines with toys coming out of our ears". So, the low interest rates finally convinced us to give it a shot. At least we don't feel pressured to sell, so if it doesn't work out, we will still be fine.
I want to thank Bob for ALL the work he has done in the past week or so to get this place ready to sell, with lots of great help from Josh too. I have done a little, but mostly have been in charge of the kids and dog and daily operations. We have cleaned out half our stuff (including all of the attic and crawl space), boxed (box procurement was a job in itself, no thanks to Harris Teeter who fell through twice after saying they would save us some), and packed a 8x8x16-foot pod nearly full. We have also rearranged the living and dining rooms (had to remove the tv...eek!), stained the deck, laid new mulch, leveled the air conditioner, repaired the fence, mowed and trimmed the yard and bushes, done lots of touch-up work, and cleaned like crazy. We have also had the house pressure washed, and I admit that I had someone come help pack the kitchen stuff into boxes. There was no way I was going to get all that done. I also had somebody come clean some of the house yesterday for the same reason. So, we are pretty pooped, especially with Miss Big Appetite still waking up every 3-4 hours at night (yes, she is over 3 months old and still doing it...I blame it on her not taking a paci or thumb to help her sleep). But, we are making it and we'll see what happens!
Anyone interested in buying our house??? Basset hound conveys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Throwing Bella in with the house might just be the tipping point for you. :)
Good luck! It was hard enough to have our house on the market with two dogs and two cats (and two litter boxes). I can't imagine doing it with two kids and all their stuff.
We've got a couple houses for sale in our 'hood if you want to move out into the country. :)
Post a Comment