September was very nice! Bob spent the first four days in Hilton Head for a work trip. It was his first trip since his injury and surgery, and it went well. He rented a car and drove himself, and drove Tom and Hannah back with him in his comfy rental minivan! We girls were busy with school, work, and the usual activities. Anna had her first cat-sitting job for new neighbor Fat Louie, and it went well. Gibbons had an away football game in Durham on Friday, so Anna and Bella opted to go shopping and visit Erin at work instead. Erin had been recovering from a cold that week, and Anna was under the weather on Sunday and Monday, but it worked out well because she didn't have school. Bob and I had a nice afternoon on the boat on Sunday while Erin worked. Monday, Erin and I got flu shots and then enjoyed a nice afternoon watching Maria and the Gibbons flag football team in their first jamboree at Willow Spring High School.
Tuesday was back to school, but with some fun for homecoming spirit week! Here's Erin for "Little Me" day:
Thursday the 10th was the homecoming football game, which was a bit of a nail-biter at times, but Gibbons emerged victorious!
They had a pep rally that afternoon where Joe was a part of the homecoming court. Erin helped set up a surprise birthday tailgate for Maria before the game as well. Friday, we watched a much better Wolfpack game than the first one of the season. Saturday the 12th was the homecoming dance! Erin had 5 friends come over to get ready, and Anna and Joe hung out here as well before meeting friends in Cary. Both reported that the dance was fun with the usual interesting music.
Sunday, both kids worked while Bob and I went to the lake. I enjoyed a fun quick trip to Morehead City with my friends Erin and Molly on Thursday and Friday. We took Molly's boat out on Friday, parked on an uninhabited island in the sound, and saw 2 beautiful wild horses run right by us! Amazing!
Bob helped prep for StMM's Oktoberfest on Thursday evening and worked the event on Friday. I had 2 pet-sitting jobs over the weekend while Anna finished up her final shift at FRESH on Friday. She enjoyed working there, but the two weeknight shifts per week plus 1-2 on weekends was just too much with her school courseload. She was leaving the house at 7:10am and not getting home until 9:45pm. It was a good experience, but for now she's going to stick with babysitting, petsitting, and focusing on school. Maybe she can find something more flexible and closer to home soon. She babysat for the Lemons on Saturday evening.
Bob went up to NYC from the 21st-23rd after some drama with airport ground stops on Monday. He had to change to a Breeze flight to New Haven, CT, where he caught a commuter train to the city. It went fine, and he was able to fly back as planned on Wednesday. Anna and I visited Joe at UNC Children's Hospital on Wednesday evening, where he was undergoing a 24-hour EEG. Anna enjoyed seeing the inpatient setting and got to watch them give him a test with a strobe light. I had a fun time at adoration at Gibbons on Thursday, followed by lunch with Dawn and Laura. We then had back-to-school night that evening where we enjoyed meeting the girls' teachers. While we were there, Leslie and Ansley came up to stay before they toured NC State on Friday morning. They liked it and took some very cute photos in our neighborhood on Thursday evening!
Anna and Joe celebrated their one-year anniversary that evening with dinner and milkshakes in Cary. Erin worked on college applications. Saturday and worked. Bob, Finley, and I had a lovely afternoon at the lake. It was a little warm in the sun for Finley, but we rigged up some shade with towels for him.
Anna studied hard for her AP chemistry test, and we watched a narrow Wolfpack football victory that evening. Sunday, Bob headed to Montreal via Burlington, Vermont and driving over the border. Anna and I went shopping for junior year attire, Erin worked, Anna went to Joe's house, and I helped with a clothing sale for CPO.
I was back to Duke on Monday for the kickoff for this year's application cycle. I'm excited to get back to it! Erin had a prep meeting for a Service Beakers trip the following week, and she was excited to have lots of students participating! I enjoyed a shift at the school store on Tuesday, and lunch with neighbor friend Melissa on Wednesday.
It was a great month, and we were so happy to get a taste of cooler weather. We are looking forward to more fall fun in October!





No comments:
Post a Comment