Well, the Week 37 appointment was kind of disappointing. We probably saw Kim for less than 60 seconds for a quick listen to the heartbeat and measure. That was it! She seemed nice, I guess, just...quick! She did say that Dr. V will probably check for any progress next week. I was disappointed that she didn't poke around (Leopold's maneuvers, for you nurses) and check the baby's position since Lucie did that last week, or speculate on the baby's weight, or anything like that. But they are the professionals, so I'm sure they are doing what needs to be done. My blood pressure, weight, etc. were all fine, so that's good news.
So, right now I am feeling a little sad that I will most likely have to wait another week with nothing to do except whine about my heartburn, and poor Bob has to hear it! But I need to remember how lucky we are to be in this situation, and the baby will be born when he/she is ready. For what it's worth, I am ready!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Those last few appointments definitely were the shortest, least exciting ones. It's too bad you didn't get to spend more time with Kim, though! Glad everything's still going well. The waiting is the worst!! If you'd like to come clean our house during the day, you know, just to keep yourself busy, we'll leave a key under the mat :)
I don't see why they can't tell us exactly when the baby is born...that would be great! Ha ha, I appreciate the offer. I'll be there just as soon as I get through all the shows on the tivo, paint my nails, read my library books...
Post a Comment